Saturday, May 21, 2011

A New Journey


It is finished. I had my big CBU interview and met with over 13 staff people, including the four Vice Presidents of the campus. Whew....it was a long day. I fell in love with the campus, the team has tremendous potential, and things started to add up.

The following week was the final big interview with the President of the University. The day was oddly cold and rainy for this time of year. I pulled out my navy blue suit, the same one I wore the last time I interviewed at UCR for my most recent position over four years ago. Somehow, miraculously, it fit like a glove.

My interview with the President was fairly short. All in all just about 20 minutes. After we were finished, I waited in the VP of Advancement's office while he debriefed with the President. That was an agonizing 15 minutes. I didn't know what was going to happen. I actually sat in his office and prayed outloud saying "God, if I am offered this job today, please let them offer me my salary goal so I don't have to negotiate in person! I will do anything for you!" All I have to say is, God answers prayers.

And there it was. I was offered the position, no need to negotiate. I sat there overjoyed yet feeling so undeserving. "God has to be in this" is all I could think. I have no idea where this journey will take me next, but I am excited to serve my King however he sees fit.


No comments: