Tuesday, May 31, 2011

14 days to go...




In exactly 14 days I will be back in a suit and heels. In exactly 14 days I will be back in staff and board meetings. In exactly 14 days, I will pull out of my drive way and travel to a full-time job where I will no longer be my own boss for the first time in nearly 4 years.

So how am I feeling?

Excited. Anxious. Eager to be obedient to my God.

I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think that this is 100% what God has planned for me. That doesn't mean however that I don't have reservations. I have many of those. I have already dealt with the naysayers, received the disapproving looks from other mothers, and I am sure many others will follow. I have my own worries about how my family will do with mommy back at work. Will my husband really be able to handle this change in our family, and most of all how will my sweet Owen whose had his mommy full-time since he was 7 months old, do?

I have to put that all in God's hands.

I have to cling to what is truth.

I to deny the enemy a foothold in my mind to shower me with lies.

I have to look ahead and remember that life is short. Some may say, "yes, life is short so why go back to work? Why not stay home with your kids?" I can't argue with that statement. But for me, right now, at this place in my life, life is too short to say no to an opportunity that will provide the resources we will need to fulfill our role in building God's kingdom. God is writing a story and is giving us all a part to play. Some of us simply have roles that are different than others.

I am honored to play my part. Will you?



No comments: