Thursday, April 14, 2011

Uganda-Part 4, House of Hope Orphanage


This was the day I was waiting for. I was finally going to have the opportunity to meet the children that I was working to find support for in the U.S. I had heard stories from those who had traveled to Gulu about how amazing these kids were, so I was very excited to meet them. Most importantly, I was excited to meet the sweet girl that I was sponsoring!

When we arrived, the a few of the girls were sweet enough to give me a tour of the orphanage while I filmed. There was that feeling of confusion again. I couldn't help but think "this place isn't nice enough for these children, they need a better home, they need fans because of the heat, they need more clothes, bigger bedrooms..." The list went on and on in my head.

After seeing the two homes where the children currently live, we spent time in devotion with them. Seeeing how these children worship and love proclaim their love and gratitude to God was so inspiring. So heartwarming. I felt so much love in that small room and I was moved to tears watching God's children sing praises to him.

I was also able to see the construction for the new Children's Village that is being built for the children. They will have a lot more room in these new homes, and it's situated on a large property where they will have plenty of space to play. The water well in the picture below is the well that was built from funds raised by a team at Sandals Church!



Local children at the new Children's Village Property

Mama Barbara (one of the HOH mama's) and me at the construction
of one of the new Children's Home.


My sponsored child Monica and me

My sister's sponsored son Emmanuel and me


This was written on the wall at the orphanage







No comments: